Overnight stops along the route

Overnight stops along the route
Click on image for interactive Google Map

Saturday, June 25, 2016

MS150 Day 1. Ft. Collins, CO

 6:30am start with 12:30pm arrival at the Colorado State University campus for the Day 1 of the MS150!
If you've forgotten or not gotten around to making a donation it's not too late to donate now to support the National Multiple Sclerosis Society at my personal donor page at this link:  http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?px=3864456&fr_id=27037&pg=personal
So far thanks to some great friends and supporters I've raised $2,450 and still hope to get to my $5,000 goal with your help. 
 Less than a week after getting back from the Outer Banks I'm finding that riding my bike across the country was good training. I've never riden 80 miles so fast before, even with a moderate amount of climbing in the front range mountains.  It's good to feel so strong and nimble today on my road bike with fresh legs. 
 The weather today was very nice, especially in the morning with mild and favorable winds and temps in the low to mid 70's.  Heading west here towards the Rockies and my home town of Niwot after the first 20 miles. 
 I skipped most of the Aid Stations but I did not miss the lunch stop!!!  After 44 miles of riding at a fast pace on my road bike, even if it was 65lbs lighter than my touring bike on the Outer Banks trip I was still ready for some food, hydration and a short rest. 🍔🍪
 Coming into the final mile on the CSU campus Angela and I are all smiles. 😀
 Crossing the first day finish line, in this case almost all by myself as we seem to be ahead of most of the other 4,000 riders today. 
 We booked a dorm room at CSU to save a little money over a hotel and for the experience. After all the places we overnights on the Outer Banks tour, the dorm room was quite comfortable.  Angela and I can pretend to be college coeds for the night.😍

1 comment:

  1. Great update. I was having withdrawals.

    I hope you continue to provide updates to your blog from time to time.

    Regards, John

    ReplyDelete